Alternating between standard rooms with rustic, colonial decorations and deluxe VIP suits, where beds and chairs remind of the old Cambodian crafts and arts, Banan Hotel is one of the best options in town in terms of the price/comfort scheme. Most of the services here are above average (that is you get a little bit more than you initially expect) and the lobby is rather exquisite.
- Good combination of style and modern appliances;
- Fluent English at the reception;
- IDD telephone;
- Excellent location in town;
- Great Wi-Fi connection.
- The view from some rooms is dull.
- There are weeks over the year when the hotel is rather noisy;
- Some services not carried out as expected.
Banan Hotel is a good solution for anybody interested in mixing the peace of a provincial town with the comfort of large, spacious rooms. Rooms in the front part of the hotel are obviously better than those in the back, with balconies from where you can easily see the street life of Battambang.