Beach Road Hotel is a mid-range, 80-room accommodation facility near Serendipity and Ochheuteal beaches in Sihanoukville, owned by three Cambodia-enthusiastic Estonians who started to build this place in 2007 and expanded their business.
Price range: at Beach Road Hotel customers pay from $10 for a standard room (16 square meters) to $50 for superior standard (40 square meters). You can get significant discounts for long-term stays.
Room facilities: air conditioning or fan, hot water, fridge, safe box, TV, wardrobe, mosquito nets, etc.
What is there to love?
- nice swimming pool, with plenty of loungers and pool bar
- happily situated hotel (ten-minute walk to the beach, close to nightlife, bars and restaurants)
- fresh, comfy rooms
- free Wi-Fi
- agreeable rooftop restaurant with good food for a reasonable price and very cheap alcohol-based beverages
- Top Cat cinema next door ($3)
What is there to whine about?
- bathrooms could use some revamp
- very basic quarters
- noise from the near-by club
Our tip: Although this may appear awkward to western travelers, you are expected to specify whether you want the room cleaned on a daily basis or not.