Golden Gate Hotel is a family-owned hotel in Phnom Penh. The location is quite central, close to shops and restaurants, 15 minutes drive from the airport.
Rank: 2+ stars
Price range: approx. $20 per night for a double-bed room and air conditioning + breakfast
- free laundry rated by all guests as an excellent service;
- clean, spacious rooms;
- kitchenette with fridge can be very useful for families and guests who plan on staying longer (it costs approximately $450 a month, and it may be a fine alternative to renting a house);
- good breakfast with lots of options;
- airport transfer services are available;
- good Wi-Fi connection is to be highly appreciated; finding reasonable internet connection is a big issue in Cambodia;
- cable, flat TV;
- free parking;
- fine bathrooms with hot water;
- helpful, polite and friendly stuff;
- room service is available 24 hours.
- Not all the visitors appreciate the coffee they give you at the Golden Gate Hotel;
- Although it is very convenient, the hotel does look a bit post-industrial;
- Some guests who didn’t use the safety boxes reported theft.