After being the pearl of Sihanoukville back in the ‘60s when it was built, the 7-floor Independence Hotel has recently been restored to its former shape and is now gaining more and more popularity. A couple of new buildings have been added to the historic building and are much appreciated by tourists. The carefully planned location of the hotel is particularly rewarding for the guests who visit this place, as the views you can get from this 4-star hotel are truly remarkable.
- private beach
- large, clean pool
- generously sized rooms
- Wi-Fi is not free and not available in all rooms. There may be connectivity issues.
- accommodation and services can be on the pricey side compared to other places in Sihanoukville
Things to benefit from:
- happy hours in the History Bar
- great breakfast
- a compelling garden: Promenade des Anglais, designed by Prince Sihanouk
- free shuttle transport for trips downtown (provided that you are not tempted by a $5 tuk-tuk ride)