Le Jardin aux Hibiscus (former Rega) is a true oasis, within meters from Serendipity and Ocheuteal beaches. Even if it’s very close to the noisy, animated bars along the coastline, this small guesthouse (with less than 20 rooms) and restaurant is a very serene place (with a French attitude), featuring a delightful tropical arboretum which definitely is the hotel’s best feature. The atmosphere in the patio and on the terrace is a happy combination of a rustic backyard and a botanical garden.
You can enjoy your coffee either inside the small patio, or on the wooden terrace overlooking the activity on the street.
- The tropical garden is particularly pleasant.
- The terrace on the first floor has an enjoyable view.
- The rooms are decent and clean. They all have bathrooms.
- The restaurant’s menu is O.K., offering both French and Khmer dishes, but not very imaginative. Breakfast is good, though.
- Apart from the beautiful patio, the hotel has to offer but very basic accommodation facilities, although prices may point to a little bit more value.
- Wi-Fi connectivity issues.
Special services include laundry, phone facilities (international), transportation (bus tickets), and trips.