Orchidée Guesthouse is a quiet hotel close to Ochheuteal beach in Sihanoukville (5-minute walk to the beach), situated near the Golden Lions. It consists of about 70 guest rooms and a meeting room.
Prices: under $50 per room
Good reasons to book a room at Orchidée Guesthouse:
- friendly and professional stuff
- decent breakfast buffet, good restaurant with plenty of seafood and other specialties, all reasonably priced
- clean and spacious rooms
- nice and clean swimming pool
- cable TV, air conditioning, Wi-Fi
- cheap bike rentals
Things the guests at Orchidée Guesthouse don’t appreciate:
- there are metal bars at some of the windows, and barbed wire along the 3 meters high walls, apparently for security issues that are now covered by the guards; still, these items have remained in place.
- the rooms will not be cleaned unless you give your key to the stuff (reception)
- some guests reported bathroom facilities issues
- disagreeable smell in rooms and/or bathrooms
- internet connectivity issues
Our tip: There are better options at Orchidée Guesthouse than the rooms around the swimming-pool, which are smaller, less quiet accommodations and guest often complain about a musty smell.