Rooms at Tara Angkor Hotel can be set as an example of simple elegance. Prices are high (even for Siem Reap), but you get straightforward service and elegant solutions to your potential problems. Everything considered basic comfort (air conditioning; TV; hot water; safe box; hair dryer; international phone, etc.) is implicit and functional.
The list of facilities is rather special in context. They feature multilingual guest relations support, concierge, shoe shine service, valet parking, etc. Moreover, if you have special (reasonable) requests, the staff will do everything in their power to help you and assist you with your problem.
Food at Tara Angkor Hotel doesn’t mean solely taking a nice meal in an elegant restaurant; it can be related to cooking classes, where you can learn the basics about Cambodian and Thai cuisines.
The good side
- Large rooms with plenty of accessories;
- Excellent buffet breakfast, which doesn’t get monotonous after one week of staying in;
- Amenable, proactive staff.
- Some clients complain that the rooms don’t have identity;
- Moldy smell in some rooms.