This article is about getting the Cambodian tourist visa online. For other types of visa (i.e. diplomatic or business visa), you need to contact the Cambodian embassy near you! All the information below is subject to change without prior notice.
For most tourists, the online Cambodian visa application form should be straightforward and simple. First, here are the steps you need to follow to ensure a fast and accurate procedure:
- Go to http://www.mfaic.gov.kh/evisa/. If this address doesn’t work, try http://www.mfaic.gov.kh and look for the visa application section.
- Provide your contact information. If your name contains special signs, avoid them. For example, use “A” instead of “Ą”, “Ă”, “Ǟ”, etc. If, on the other side, you can complete the form in an interface written in your language, special signs are acceptable. Review it and make sure it’s 100% accurate.
- Fill in the application data form. Pay attention to provide only verifiable information.
- Review your application.
- Pay and save the receipt on your computer.
The tourist visa is issued for three months validity, starting from the date of issue. At anytime during these three months, you can enter the country and spend no more than 30 days there. Such a visa allows single entry and is generally processed in three business days.
You must have the following documents in order to be able to apply for the Cambodian tourist visa online:
- Valid passport (six months balance time, calculated from your entry date);
- One 3 x 4 photo of yours (passport size). Electronic formats acceptable: PNG and JPG.
- Credit card.
There are multiple payment solutions, including Visa and MasterCard. If, by any chance, you’re not able to complete the transaction, try the TeleMoney payment system available on the website or contact the embassy.
There are a few cases where you have to pay attention when applying for the Cambodian e-visa. These cases are related to: your nationality; the date when you apply; checkpoints that support e-visa; and exemptions.
If you’re from one of the following countries, you won’t be able to complete the form online: Afghanistan, Algeria, Bangladesh, Iran, Iraq, Nigeria, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka, and Sudan. If this is the case, contact the Cambodian embassy in your country. Or you can choose to apply for the visa on your arrival in Cambodia.
This service may not work all the time. This is rather unpredictable, so it’s better to try to apply for online visa as soon as you can (keeping in mind the three months validity).
The following checkpoints e-visa for tourists entering the country: Phnom Penh International Airport, Siem Reap International Airport, Cham Yeam, Poi Pet, and Bavet. However, you can leave the country through any other checkpoint.
Nationals from some neighboring countries can take advantage of visa exemption. At present, the countries are: Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, and Thailand.
There are two fees: $20 for the visa and $5 for the processing procedures. If you encounter other charges, contact the embassy and ask for details. Even if these fees change, you shouldn’t encounter other charges than these two: paying for your visa and paying the processing charge.