The Small Hotel is situated in the center of Sihanoukville. The price per room is under $20. Room facilities include air conditioning, cable TV and mini-bar.
- the Swedish manager included some interesting Swedish dishes in the restaurant menu, along with international and Khmer cuisine
- motorcycle rental is available, so you can take a tour of the town if it pleases you;
- special parties and dinners can be arranged upon request
The good things:
- entertaining bar atmosphere
- helpful stuff
- good food ($3+)
- transportation services
The not-so-good things:
- distance to the beach
- rooms furniture being limited to the essentials, average beds
- odd feeling given by the metal bars at the windows
- breakfast not included
The Small Hotel’s hosts also own a bar on Independence beach, called The Small Beach Bar, offering the very same services as the hotel (except for accommodation, which is only available downtown).
If you decide to take advantage of The Small Hotel’s motorbike rental service, just don’t forget the helmet and keep in mind the roads aren’t perfect in Sihanoukville as the town is basically under construction: everybody’s building and repairing.